DMXking eDMX1 PRO Ethernet DMX Controller
Compact and robust this single universe Ethernet DMX512 node suits a wide range of applications. With power supplied via a USB socket many power source options exist since almost any USB port or USB charger/power supply will work just fine including USB ports on many wireless routers. You choose 3-pin or 5-pin XLR so no inline adapters are required. Both DMX512 output and DMX512 input functions are supported along with E1.20 RDM. Designed and manufactured in New Zealand to the highest standards the eDMX1 is the perfect first step into DMX512 over Ethernet.
Includes USB cable, but does not include power supply. Please see USB Power supply for an approved and tested USB Power supply with the correct amperage.
All configuration options are stored in non-volatile memory on the device. Device can be controlled by any operating system supporting ArtNet/sACN. For changing configuration options there's a Windows and OS X utility available. The eDMX1-PRO is set up for plug and play operation using DHCP from factory, in most scenarios you can just hook it up to great software like Luminair and start using it right away, no need to use the configuration utility.
Supporting both Art-Net and sACN the eDMX1 is ideal for your single universe Luminair controlled rig right through to complex distributed high universe count applications.
- DHCP automatic network address by default - plugin and illuminate!
- Supported operating systems: Any with Ethernet networking support. Windows, MAC OS, Linux, iOS, Android.
- DMX512 Out or DMX512 In functionality over Art-Net / sACN E1.31
- E1.20 RDM over Art-Net support.
- Universe Sync Art-Net, sACN and Madrix Post Sync.
- User configuration of Art-Net Node short and long names.
- Compact tough metal enclosure.
- Available with 3 pin or 5 pin XLR socket, no adapter purchase required.
- External 5Vdc power input USB type B socket. Can be powered from computer USB port.
- Fully compatible with *ALL* software and hardware that supports Art-Net I, II, 3 & 4 and sACN protocols.
- Fully compatible with lighting consoles capable of generating Art-Net or sACN protocol.
- Configuration utility (Win/OSX) with basic Art-Net output/input test functionality (Win only).
- Firmware updates can be performed by an end user.
Firmware v3.0 eDMX1 PRO includes Universe Sync functionality.
Documentation and Downloads:
- eDMX1 User Manual (English)
- eDMX Configuration Utility for Windows 7, 8, 10 (includes latest firmware)
- eDMX Configuration Utility for MAC OSX 10.10+
- Enttec Open DMX Ethernet ODE ($275)
DMX512 is the most commonly used lighting control protocol with roots in simple theatrical light dimming. These days almost any lighting or stage effect equipment may be controlled using DMX512 (with explicit exclusion of anything involving potentially dangerous operations such as pyrotechnics) including moving lights, LED screens, fog machines and laser displays.
Art-Net and sACN are universally accepted as industry standard and thus any software package or lighting desk that supports these protocols is compatible with the eDMX range of DMX512 nodes. There are many free and commercial software packages available.
- Lightjams - Live interactive control MIDI / TUIO / wii
- Chameleon Lighting Software (Mac)
- Laser Show Designer QuickShow – Pangolin
- Venue Magic
- FreeStyler (select USB DMX512-A as output)
- LightShow Pro
- MagicQ – ChamSys (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- LCompanion (use with iPad/iPhone Luminair app)
- Lighting DmxControl (Mac)
- LX Series (Mac OS-X)
- QLC+ (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Visual Show Automation (VSA – Brookshire Software)
- External for Max – Cycling 74 (Windows, OS-X)
- White Cat Lighting Board
- LightsOn Framework (Mac OS-X)
- MADRIX – LED Lighting Control
- vvv – a multipurpose toolkit
- Cue Player Lighting
- Light-O-Rama Showtime S3
- Open Lighting Architecture
- Lightkey (MAC)
Media Servers / VJ
- ArKaos MediaMaster Pro, MediaMasterExpress, Media Server
- Modul8 (Mac OS-X)
- Resolume Avenue 3
- MXWendler FXServer